Last updated on June 21, 2023
This Privacy Statement describes our policies and procedures for the collection, use and disclosure of your information when you use the Service. It also tells you about Your privacy rights, as well as how the law protects you.
Understanding and defining words
The following conditions apply to words with capital letters. The following definitions have the same meaning whether they are written in plural or singular.
- Account is a unique account that You can use to access parts of our Service.
- Company Silent Readers are referred to in this Agreement as “the Company”, “We”, or “Us”.
- Cookie is a small file that a website places on your computer, mobile or other device. It contains information about Your browsing history.
- A device is any device capable of accessing the Service, such as a smartphone or digital tablet.
- Personal Data includes any data that is related to an identifiable or identified individual.
- Service Provider is any person, whether natural or legal, who processes data on behalf of the Company. This refers to any third-party company or individual employed by the Company for the purpose of facilitating the Service, providing the Service on behalf of the Company, performing services related to or related to the Service, or assisting the Company with analyzing the Service’s use.
- Usage data is a term used to describe automatically collected data, generated either by the service or the infrastructure of the service (for instance, the length of a visit).
- Website refers to Silent Readers, accessible from https://silentreaders.com
- You mean the individual who is accessing the Service or using it, or the company or other legal entity that the individual represents.
How to collect and use your personal data
Data Types Collected
While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable data that can be used by Us to contact or identify you. Personal information includes, but isn’t limited to:
When using the service, usage data is automatically collected.
Use Data can include Your Device’s Internet Protocol (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, as well as information about when and where you visited them. IP address, browser type, version, pages You visit on our Service, time and date, time spent, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
If You access the Service through or on a mobile phone, we may automatically collect certain information, including but not limited to the type of device you use, its unique ID, your mobile’s IP address, your mobile’s operating system, type of browser, and other diagnostic data.
We may collect the information sent by Your browser when you visit our Service, or access it through a mobile phone.
Tracking technologies and cookies
Cookies and other tracking technologies are used to store and track certain information and to track the activity on Our Service. Beacons, tags, scripts, and other tracking technologies are used to collect information, track it, and improve Our service. Our technologies may include:
- Web Beacons. Certain parts of our Service, as well as our emails, may contain electronic files called web beacons. These small electronic files, also known as clear gifs or pixel tags (or single-pixel GIFs), allow the Company to, for instance, count users who visited the pages, open an email, and to gather other website statistics.
Both Session Cookies and Persistent cookies are used for the following purposes:
- Essential / Necessary Cookies
Type: Session cookies
Administered by Us
They are required to deliver services through the website and enable you to access certain features. They are used to verify users and prevent fraudulent usage of accounts. These cookies are necessary to deliver the services you have requested. We use them only to provide those services.
- Notice Acceptance of Cookies / Policy on Cookies
Type: Persistent cookies
Administered by Us
Use: These cookies are used to identify whether the user has accepted the use and storage of cookies by the website.
- Functionality cookies
Type: Persistent cookies
Administered by Us
The purpose of these Cookies is to allow us to remember the choices you make when using our Website. For example, we can remember your login details and language preferences. These Cookies are used to give You a more personalized experience and to prevent you from having to enter your preferences each time you use the Website.
Visit our Cookies Policy for more information and to make your choice about cookies.
You can use your personal data
The company may use Personal Data for the following purposes.
- Provide and maintain our service including monitoring our service usage.
- Manage Your Account: manages Your registration as a user of the service. As a registered User, the Personal Data you provide may give You access to different functionalities available on the Service.
- To perform a contract, The development, compliance, and undertaking of any contract You may have with Us, whether it is for products, services, or items that you purchased through the Service.
- How to contact you: Contacting You via emails, phone calls, SMS, or other electronic communications equivalents, such as push notifications from a mobile app regarding updates or informational communications relating to functionalities, products, or contracted services including security updates when it is necessary or reasonable.
- We will send you news, offers, and general information on other products, services, and events that we offer, similar to the ones that you’ve already bought or inquired about unless You opt not to receive this information.
- Manage your requests: Attend to and manage any requests you make to us.
- Other purposes We may use your information for other reasons, including data analysis, identifying trends, determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns, and evaluating, improving, and optimizing our Service, our products, our services, our marketing, and Your experience.
Retention of Personal Data
Security of Your Personal Data
We are committed to protecting Your Personal data, but we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Although We use the best commercially available means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Links to other websites
Our Service may include links to websites not controlled by Us. By clicking on a link from a third party, you will be taken to the site of that third party. It is important that You review the Privacy Policies of each site you visit.
We do not control and are not responsible for any content, privacy policies or practices of third-party websites or services.
This Privacy Statement may be amended.
Before the change becomes effective, we will notify You via email or a prominent announcement on Our Service and update the date “Last Updated” at the top.
It is important to check this Privacy Statement periodically for changes.
Contact us if you have questions about our Privacy Statement:
- By email: email@example.com