Important Days in October 2024
- 01 October: World Vegetarian Day
- 02 October: International Day of Non-Violence
- 07 October: World Habitat Day – First Monday of October
- 10 October: World Mental Health Day
- 11 October: International Day of the Girl Child
- 13 October: International Day for Natural Disaster Reduction
- 14 October: World Standards Day
- 16 October: World Food Day
- 17 October: International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- 19 October: International Day for the Eradication of Nuclear Weapons
- 24 October: United Nations Day
- 24 October: World Development Information Day
- 24 October: World Polio Day
- 31 October: World Savings Day
Important Days in October 2024 Details
Here is a list of Important days in October 2024.
1 October: World Vegetarian Day
The day aims to promote the benefits of vegetarianism and raise awareness of the ethical, environmental, and health aspects of a vegetarian lifestyle.
2 October: International Day of Non-Violence
The day commemorates the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, the leader of the Indian independence movement and pioneer of nonviolent resistance. It promotes the principles of non-violence, tolerance, and peace.
7 October: World Habitat Day – First Monday of October
Observed on the first Monday of October, the day focuses on the importance of adequate shelter for all and sustainable urbanization.
10 October: World Mental Health Day
The day raises awareness of mental health issues and encourages open discussion, advocacy, and support for mental well-being around the world.
11 October: International Day of the Girl Child
The day highlights the importance of promoting and protecting the rights of girls globally and addresses the unique challenges they face.
13 October: International Day for Natural Disaster Reduction
Recognizing the impact of natural disasters on communities and economies, the day aims to raise awareness of disaster risk reduction, resilience, and preparedness.
14 October: World Standards Day
The day honours the efforts of international standardization organizations and their role in promoting safety, quality, and efficiency in various industries.
16 October: World Food Day
Organized by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the day raises awareness about hunger, food security, and sustainable agriculture around the world.
17 October: International Poverty Eradication Day
The day aims to promote awareness and action to eradicate poverty globally and ensure social inclusion and equal opportunities for all.
19 October: International Day for the Abolition of Nuclear Weapons
International Day for the Abolition of Nuclear Weapons: This day aims to raise awareness about the urgent need for complete nuclear disarmament and the elimination of nuclear weapons worldwide. It emphasizes the devastating humanitarian consequences of nuclear weapons and promotes efforts to achieve a nuclear-weapon-free world.
24 October: United Nations Day
Commemorating the anniversary of the founding of the United Nations, the day celebrates the achievements and goals of the United Nations in promoting peace, development, and human rights.
24 October: World Development Information Day
The day highlights the importance of communication and information in development processes, promoting access and dissemination of information to support sustainable development.
24 October: World Polio Day
World Polio Day is observed on October 24th each year to raise awareness about the global efforts to eradicate polio. The day highlights the importance of immunization and supports ongoing initiatives to eliminate this debilitating disease. It is an opportunity to recognize the progress made in reducing polio cases worldwide and to rally support for continued vaccination campaigns and surveillance efforts.
31 October: World Savings Day
The day emphasizes the importance of saving money, financial literacy, and responsible financial management to promote economic well-being and stability.
Important Days in October 2024 in India
The list of important days in October 2024 in India is as follows:
2 October: Gandhi Jayanti (2 October):
Gandhi Jayanti is a national holiday in India commemorating the birth anniversary of the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi. It is celebrated with reverence and various commemorative events are organized across the country.
4–8 October:Durga Puja
Durga Puja is a major Hindu festival celebrated with great enthusiasm and devotion, especially in West Bengal and other parts of eastern India. It symbolizes the victory of the goddess Durga over the buffalo demon Mahishasura. Elaborate decorations, cultural performances and grand processions are the main attractions of this festival.
3 October: Mahalaya
Mahalaya is an auspicious day for Hindus, marking the beginning of the Durga Puja festival. It is believed that on this day Goddess Durga begins her journey from her heavenly abode to the earth.
9 October: Karva Chauth
Karva Chauth is a fasting ritual observed by married Hindu women for the well-being and long life of their husbands. Women fast from sunrise to moonrise and break their fast after sighting the moon.
13 October: Valmiki Jayanti
Valmiki Jayanti celebrates the birth anniversary of sage Valmiki, who is revered as the author of the epic Ramayana. Special events and recitations of Ramayana are done on this day.
14 October: Dussehra
Dussehra, also known as Vijayadashami, marks the victory of good over evil. It commemorates God’s victory over Lord Rama against the demonic King Ravana. The festival is celebrated with the staging of Ramlila (a dramatic re-enactment of the Ramayana), followed by the burning of effigies of Ravana, Kumbhakarna and Meghnad.
19 October: Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi
Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi, also known as Mawlid, is an important Islamic festival that commemorates the birth anniversary of Prophet Muhammad. Devotees gather at mosques for prayers and special sermons are given to honor the life and teachings of the Prophet.
27 October: Diwali
Diwali, also known as Deepavali, is one of the most widely celebrated festivals in India. People decorate their homes with lights, burst fireworks, exchange gifts and enjoy festive cuisine.
More Current Affairs Topics:-
- Important Days in January 2024
- Important Days in February 2024
- Important Days in March 2024
- Important Days in April 2024
- Important Days in May 2024
- Important Days in June 2024
- Important Days in July 2024
- Important Days in August 2024
- Important Days in September 2024
- Important Days in November 2024
- Important Days in December 2024
FAQs on Important Days in October
Q1. How Many Days in October 2024?
- October 2024 has 31 days.
Q2. Special Days in October 2024?
- World Habitat Day (October 7)
- International Day of the Girl Child (October 11)
- World Food Day (October 16)
- International Day for the Eradication of Poverty (October 17)
- World Mental Health Day (October 10)
Q3. When is Ekadashi in October 2024?
In October 2024, there are two Ekadashi dates.
- Ekadashi in October 2024 is “Papankusha Ekadashi,” which falls on Sunday, October 6th.
- Ekadashi in October 2024 is “Rama Ekadashi,” which falls on Monday, October 21st.
Q4. When is Amavasya in October 2024?
- Amavasya: October 16, 2024, (Tuesday)
Q5. When is Purnima in October 2024?
- In October 2024, the Purnima (Full Moon) falls on Thursday, October 8th.